With summer almost here, it’s time for Ft. Lauderdale seniors to start making plans for their Independence Day celebrations. There are many unique and exciting ways to celebrate America’s birthday besides a nighttime light show. Here is a creative mix of local events older adults can enjoy on the Fourth of July.
1. Barbecue Dinner Cruise The Jungle Queen Riverboat at 801 Seabreeze Boulevard will host a fully narrated cruise on July 4th from 6pm to 9pm. As seniors cruise down the New River, they will see Millionaire’s Row and grand yachts. They’ll then cruise to the Jungle Queen’s tropical isle, New Island, and enjoy a delicious all-you-can-eat barbecue dinner and an entertaining variety show before getting back on the ship.
Some seniors may need transportation and assistance with other tasks so they can attend Fourth of July events in Ft. Lauderdale. If your senior loved one needs professional in-home care in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida, Home Care
Assistance is here to help. We are a trusted provider of respite and 24-hour care, and we also offer specialized Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, and stroke care for seniors.
2. Walking Tour On July 4th at 10am, seniors can get a history lesson about Ft. Lauderdale during a 90-minute excursion with an expert guide from Strange True Tours. They will explore the Riverwalk and the Historic Village where they’ll see notable landmarks. Seniors can also hear a compelling story about how Andrew Jackson helped establish Ft. Lauderdale.
3. Fourth of July Spectacular This patriotic extravaganza will take place at Ft. Lauderdale Beach on July 4th from noon to 9:30pm. Seniors can spend a memorable Independence Day listening to music while playing fun games with their community and making some patriotic family crafts for their home. There will be a spectacular fireworks show at 9pm with accompanying music that will light up Ft. Lauderdale’s sky on America’s birthday.
4. Sightseeing Adventure The Venice of America Sightseeing Tour at 300 Southwest First Avenue will be giving afternoon and evening tours on July 4th. Seniors can spend a glorious Independence Day cruising along the inland waterways taking in the breathtaking sites such as the Port Everglades. Seniors can wear patriotic outfits because a photographer will be taking keepsake photos as they board the ship. Handicap seating is available. If your loved one requires some assistance or encouragement to attend these events, consider hiring a professional caregiver. Some seniors only require help with a few daily tasks so they can maintain their independence. However, those living with serious illnesses may need more extensive assistance. Luckily, there is professional live-in care Galt Ocean Mile, Florida, seniors can rely on. Home can be a safer and more comfortable place for your loved one to live with the help of an expertly trained and dedicated live-in caregiver.
5. Boat Ride Gondolas West will be giving intimate gondola tours on July 4th from 5:30pm to 7pm. Seniors can sit back and relax while listening to their knowledgeable driver narrate the water tour. On their Fourth of July water adventure, seniors can also see views of Ft. Lauderdale’s wildlife and historic landmarks.
6. Dinner and Entertainment The Mai-Kai Polynesian Dinner Show at 3599 North Federal Highway will be offering an Independence Day show on July 4th at 5:30pm. This event is a unique way for seniors to celebrate the Fourth of July with great food and Polynesian dancers. They’ll have the pleasure of watching an interactive show and experience a new culture while enjoying a mouth-watering spread of appetizers, entrées, and desserts. Opportunities to go out and socialize are crucial for your loved one’s wellbeing. For families living in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, respite care can be a wonderful solution when their aging loved ones need companionship and socialization a few hours a week or just need minor assistance with daily household tasks. At Home Care Assistance, we thrive on helping seniors maintain their independence while living in the comfort of home. For more information on our senior care services, call (954) 909-0370 today.